1 post • joined 27 Jan 2010
Corrections to the storage details in the article
The Skimmer 1 has 8 x 1TB SAS drives of storage attached to the S-Blades, these provide approx 2.8TB of physical storage that is available for storing "user" data, the rest of the storage is used for mirroring the data and for swap/temp space. The Skimmer 1 has built-in data compression capabilties which allows you to store approx 10TB of "user" data in that 2.8TB of physical storage (obviously depends on the actual compresssion ration achieved).
Likewise the TF3 has 24 x 1TB SAS drives of storage attached to the S-Blades, these provide approx 8TB of physical storage that is available for storing "user" data, which equates to approx 32TB of "user" data with compression.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs