1 post • joined Wednesday 27th January 2010 10:55 GMT
Corrections to the storage details in the article
The Skimmer 1 has 8 x 1TB SAS drives of storage attached to the S-Blades, these provide approx 2.8TB of physical storage that is available for storing "user" data, the rest of the storage is used for mirroring the data and for swap/temp space. The Skimmer 1 has built-in data compression capabilties which allows you to store approx 10TB of "user" data in that 2.8TB of physical storage (obviously depends on the actual compresssion ration achieved).
Likewise the TF3 has 24 x 1TB SAS drives of storage attached to the S-Blades, these provide approx 8TB of physical storage that is available for storing "user" data, which equates to approx 32TB of "user" data with compression.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones