4 posts • joined Tuesday 22nd May 2007 14:46 GMT
DO NOT WANT!
1) opt-out via cookie is unacceptable. Some devices/programs I use that access port 80 don't have the ability to store cookies.
2) Even when opted-out, your browsing is mirrored to the profiler. This causes 2 problems in my eyes: (i) what's the point of an opt-out in the fist place? (I use Ad blocking plugins) and (ii) at the very least it's a transparent proxy, and that brings up a whole new set of problems we've only just got rid of.
I don't want it, don't need it and will take my ISP to court over section 11 of the DPA if it's implemented on my connection. I have sent that in writing via registered post to the data controller of my ISP.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain BT Tower is just a relic? Wrong: It relays 18,000hrs of telly daily
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- Review: Sony Xperia SP
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know