1 post • joined 22 Jan 2010
MIPS cores are heavily used in consumer electronics
MIPS is certainly not dead. It is heavily used in consumer electronics.
See the list of devices that use MIPS-based cores
from the last Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas
You are also incorrect in calling MIPS "old technology". x86 is older (1978?), Power and Sparc were born at the same time as MIPS.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland