1 post • joined 22 Jan 2010
MIPS cores are heavily used in consumer electronics
MIPS is certainly not dead. It is heavily used in consumer electronics.
See the list of devices that use MIPS-based cores
from the last Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas
You are also incorrect in calling MIPS "old technology". x86 is older (1978?), Power and Sparc were born at the same time as MIPS.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft