1 post • joined Friday 22nd January 2010 05:52 GMT
MIPS cores are heavily used in consumer electronics
MIPS is certainly not dead. It is heavily used in consumer electronics.
See the list of devices that use MIPS-based cores
from the last Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas
You are also incorrect in calling MIPS "old technology". x86 is older (1978?), Power and Sparc were born at the same time as MIPS.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court