1 post • joined 22 Jan 2010
MIPS cores are heavily used in consumer electronics
MIPS is certainly not dead. It is heavily used in consumer electronics.
See the list of devices that use MIPS-based cores
from the last Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas
You are also incorrect in calling MIPS "old technology". x86 is older (1978?), Power and Sparc were born at the same time as MIPS.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan