1 post • joined 21 Jan 2010
SAMBA easier than UPNP
Nothing could possibly be simpler than setting up SMB (Samba) on a Windows pc.
1. Enable netBIOS over TCP/IP and allow it through your firewall.
2. Right-Click the drive(s) or folder(s) you want to share and choose simple file sharing to make those folders visible to others on the network.
3. Fire up your media player and browse/copy/stream any files you want from your pc, with no restrictions on file type/format etc.
Honestly it is that simple and SMB is always a better option than UPNP when it is supported. C'mon guys, are you really that technophobic or techno-illiterate?
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.