1 post • joined 21 Jan 2010
SAMBA easier than UPNP
Nothing could possibly be simpler than setting up SMB (Samba) on a Windows pc.
1. Enable netBIOS over TCP/IP and allow it through your firewall.
2. Right-Click the drive(s) or folder(s) you want to share and choose simple file sharing to make those folders visible to others on the network.
3. Fire up your media player and browse/copy/stream any files you want from your pc, with no restrictions on file type/format etc.
Honestly it is that simple and SMB is always a better option than UPNP when it is supported. C'mon guys, are you really that technophobic or techno-illiterate?
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NAKED PHOTOS hack