9 posts • joined Wednesday 20th January 2010 17:09 GMT
At least we now know why the bar bill was so high - clearly because of all the emergency beers to counter chilli/haggis poisoning!
I actually thought the story was going to be about somebody damaging hedgehog habitats while laying copper or fibre for broadband - parts of Lincolnshire being notoriously difficult to get connections in.
This is much more amusing though!
Parachuting dog / Parascending donkey???
So,let me get this right. Taking a dog along for a freefall parachute jump, complete with oxygen mask, is completely fine, but strap a donkey to the back of a speedboat and the media whips up into a frenzy?
Perhaps the Russian businessmen should have claimed to be military...
Badgers because... Well, perhaps they could ride the attack dogs and rip the faces off any insurgents who don't do as they're told over the intercom?
I'm glad to see The Reg is far too clever to be taken in by such attempts at viral marketing, and isn't giving the site any of the publicity it so dearly wants.
Daily Fail scaremongering
I was scanned by a millimetre wave thingy in Schiphol last week, and was shown the image it had captured of me.
There was nothing showing that could be interpreted as inappropriate in any way (I'm ready for witty replies there!) so I can only assume the Daily Mail are up to their usual tricks.
The most upsetting thing about the image was the ghostly image of my hair, which made me look like a cyberman on the scan!
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court