4 posts • joined 25 Sep 2006
re smells of RAMBUS
No attempt to deceive here - Cisco were savvy enough to buy in early.
This really is a situation where a legitimate scientific organisation developed a real solution and it's just some big companies trying to get the results for free.
I remember at the 2000 Developer conference, "Frameworks" were being spun as this wondrous new way to program for OS/X, conveniently forgetting the existence of application frameworks such as PowerPlant and MacApp, from, uhh, Apple.
The Nexties definitely arrived at Apple in their own RDF and have shown little signs of looking outside since to realise the rest of the world has moved on a bit in the last decade.
SQL is Declarative
I think an important consideration is that it is far easier to make mistakes in event-based logic using a non-declarative language, especially when you consider some of the likely authors ;-)
Thus, an extension of SQL as the only declarative language people are likely to know makes more sense than basing on Java, Python or C++.
Trotting for people, not ponies?
What is the definition of trotting as a gait for a two-legged animal?
If walking is a gait where one leg is in touch with the ground at all times and running where at times no leg is in contact, is trotting really mechanically different from running or is it just running with a shorter stride?
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Episode 4 BOFH: Oh DO tell us what you think. *CLICK*