6 posts • joined Sunday 17th January 2010 10:31 GMT
I favour the Chris Rock approach to gun control. Make every bullet cost 100USD and watch gun crime drop through the floor.
Re: Let's not forget
Agree with your comment. However, I just wanted to point out the Persians were conquered by the Arabs many centuries before the Ottomans rose to power. The Arabs effectively ended the Persian empire under the rule of Umar Ibn Al-Khatab around 640AD.
The Ottomans (who were also not Arabs) much later conquered both the Arab and the Persian territories.
Not taking anything away from the other stuff you mentioned which I agree with. It's also worth pointing out that Iran hasn't invaded anyone in at least a 100 years. The same cannot be said for others.
Just a slight correction
"Madi (AKA Mahdi), named after files used in the malware, references the moniker of the Muslim messiah expected to cleanse the world of wrongdoing and bestow peace and justice before Judgment Day."
The muslim messiah is Christ, not the Mahdi. The context of his rule is correct but he is a man not a prophet or messiah.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16