3 posts • joined 15 Jan 2010
"Digital cameras still struggle to handle wide-angle photography".
Excellent lenses to provide 10mm rectlinear and fisheye are available for Pentax. On digital, that's equivalent to 15mm on 35mm film. How wide do you want to go?
Sv and TAv modes
I don't use Sv mode much, but it is useful if you quickly want to use Program mode with a specific ISO setting - which is effectively what it is.
"photogs would probably want to hold a specific aperture and shutter speed and let the camera care about ISO."
- You can do exactly that with TAv mode - a mode unique to Pentax, I think.
Where does this stupid idea come from that there is a shortage of lenses for Pentax?
As well as dozens of new ones, there are thousands of lenses on the second-hand market to fit Pentax digital SLRs. All K-mount lenses from the last 35 years can be used, as well as M42 lenses (with an adapter) from even before that.
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- If it weren't for that GIANT ASTEROID. Sigh. 'Colossal bad luck', old DINOSAUR chap
- Bring back error correction, say Danish 'net boffins