5 posts • joined Tuesday 12th January 2010 16:45 GMT
what the hell are they spending it on
$1.28bn in revenue and they still can't turn a profit? how can they spend that much money? Its not like their games require development of a cutting edge 3D engine or anything.
If Apple are that serious about it why don't they use some of their vast cash horde to buy one of the cable companies?
Re: How big does Apple need to be...
I say the bigger they are the more snark required!
Have they done the Math?
Now please feel free to point out any elementary mistakes I made but my back of an envelope calculations don't come anywhere near to theirs.
to work out the equivalent weight lying on top of you to give a pressure of 400lbs per sq inch:
Area of person lying down: assume 72 inches (6ft) tall and 30 inches wide and approximating that a person lying down is a uniform rectangle gives total area of 2160 sq inches. Multiply by 400lbs gives 864000 lbs or 391904 Kg or about 392 tons. Weight of Brooklyn bridge is approx 14,680 tons so it actually equated to 0.0267 Brooklyn Bridges.
Have I made some fundamental mistake or are they just making shit up?
I have a Honda civic diesel which is quoted around 56mpg and does 0-60 in 8.9s. Whats so good about these hybrid cars with rubbish performance and still only middling fuel consumption?
Where are all the fuel cell cars?
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad