21 posts • joined Friday 8th January 2010 17:51 GMT
Are sure it wasn't launched from Klendathu?
Is there a market?
I'll happily buy their first 50 tonnes of platinum, delivered Earthside at $30 per tonne!
It could be worse. They could be posting just the first few words of all your friends updates, then when you click on 'more', you get "And first, a word from our sponsor with an exciting new offer!" and you have to sit through some marketing droids feeble attempt at a flash animation for a product you'd never buy.
Strictly speaking, anything that goes 'ballistic' *is* in orbit, just not a complete orbit. If you stand in your garden and throw a rock, it goes 'ballistic' and starts to fall under gravity. The faster you throw it, the further it goes. Throw it at 7 miles per second and it's in an 'escape' orbit. Any slower and it's in a 'decay' orbit.
Semantics, gotta love them!
I'm in the wrong job.
Give me $ 17m, plus shares. I'll resign immediately after sexually harassing anyone!*
* except Mrs Bee. I'm not so stupid to risk that, I'd prefer to keep whatever parts still work firmly attached.
Sharks with lasers
1. Equip shark with laser powered by a superconducting battery charged to 1.21 gigawatts.
Straight violation of Hipaa Privacy and the little known Hipaa security regs. If I remember correctly, that's a $50k fine PER, plus up to ten years in 'club fed' *just*on the privacy part.
On the security part::-
CEs that do not comply with the Security Rule requirements are subject to a number of penalties. Civil penalties are $100 per violation, up to $25,000 per year for each requirement violated. Criminal penalties range from $50,000 in fines and one year in prison up to $250,000 in fines and 10 years in jail.
Good grief, that's a 1996 regulation!
seems a simple answer is needed
Cut Pakistan from the Internet completely.
btw, here's my pic of Mohammed, in a dark coal mine. To save bandwidth it's only one pixel
if it goes faster and faster, eventually ALL the rotors will stop spinning?
This won't do
Mr. President, we can't afford a biomemitic butterfly gap!
Gratuitous pop culture reference
Insert Star Trek comment...
"Captain, we need to reverse the polarity on the Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System"
schools secretary Ed Balls
I for one welcome our
un-snipping robot sterilization reversing overlords!
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Two million TERRIBLE PASSWORDS stolen by malware attackers