1 post • joined 23 Sep 2006
Anthropologists making diagnoses?
The reply is hilarious.
"Internet addiction" is not a recognized psychopathology -- it does not appear in either the DSM or the ICD. And, like thousands of other proposed disorders that appear in the research literature, it has little chance of making it into the next revision of the DSM or ICD.
The next time you want to assign questions to be answered, try to at least get experts in the field of the question. Mental health issues should be addressed by a trained health professional, behavioral health professional, or medical doctor. Not an anthropologist!
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder