1 post • joined 23 Sep 2006
Anthropologists making diagnoses?
The reply is hilarious.
"Internet addiction" is not a recognized psychopathology -- it does not appear in either the DSM or the ICD. And, like thousands of other proposed disorders that appear in the research literature, it has little chance of making it into the next revision of the DSM or ICD.
The next time you want to assign questions to be answered, try to at least get experts in the field of the question. Mental health issues should be addressed by a trained health professional, behavioral health professional, or medical doctor. Not an anthropologist!
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball