1 post • joined Saturday 23rd September 2006 00:32 GMT
Anthropologists making diagnoses?
The reply is hilarious.
"Internet addiction" is not a recognized psychopathology -- it does not appear in either the DSM or the ICD. And, like thousands of other proposed disorders that appear in the research literature, it has little chance of making it into the next revision of the DSM or ICD.
The next time you want to assign questions to be answered, try to at least get experts in the field of the question. Mental health issues should be addressed by a trained health professional, behavioral health professional, or medical doctor. Not an anthropologist!
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps