1 post • joined 23 Sep 2006
Anthropologists making diagnoses?
The reply is hilarious.
"Internet addiction" is not a recognized psychopathology -- it does not appear in either the DSM or the ICD. And, like thousands of other proposed disorders that appear in the research literature, it has little chance of making it into the next revision of the DSM or ICD.
The next time you want to assign questions to be answered, try to at least get experts in the field of the question. Mental health issues should be addressed by a trained health professional, behavioral health professional, or medical doctor. Not an anthropologist!
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update