1 post • joined 23 Sep 2006
Anthropologists making diagnoses?
The reply is hilarious.
"Internet addiction" is not a recognized psychopathology -- it does not appear in either the DSM or the ICD. And, like thousands of other proposed disorders that appear in the research literature, it has little chance of making it into the next revision of the DSM or ICD.
The next time you want to assign questions to be answered, try to at least get experts in the field of the question. Mental health issues should be addressed by a trained health professional, behavioral health professional, or medical doctor. Not an anthropologist!
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads