12 posts • joined Monday 4th January 2010 23:32 GMT
Re: Fingerprint sensor...
Revolutionary, you say?
Tablets are additional devices, sure. But what consumers don't have is the endless cash required to maintain the full range of smartphone/tablet/pc that are now so complementary to each other. When they buy their tablet and discover that it does what a new PC would have done for them, they skip that particular upgrade and in turn weaken PC sales.
I know of at least one case where this has worked with a stolen blackberry, identifying the buyer and the thief in the process.
Our phones have a hard enough time handing themselves between like towers, and now you want to throw another factor into the mix? What if you're in an area with multiple 3G and wifi hotspots available to you? I can see my battery draining already.
Yanks are a backwards lot
But will anyone care? "Oh look someone left their.... HTC?"
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Mexican Cobalt-60 robbers are DEAD MEN, say authorities
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong