6 posts • joined 2 Jan 2010
> The well-documented love-in between the government and Google showed no sign
> of letting up today. But then, why would it.
Because the UK is Google's second biggest market, and yet they pay sweet-f*ck-all in tax?
Sure, you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.
I would add Fortinet's FortiClient to the list. It is free (as in beer) and comes with a registry watcher, VPN client, spam and web filtering.. amazing.
Freely downloadable from http://www.fortinet.com/products/endpoint/forticlient.html
Not affiliated with Fortinet but I do love their products.
I have the x301 and it is awesome. Solid and reliable, works great with linux. A shame that Lenovo is slave to the Micro$oft tax though..
..Google uses its monopoly on Search to push its other services!! Film at 11!
You are all forgetting PJ's "Heavenly Creatures" which launched Kate Winslet's career.
Also "District 9" was produced by PJ, consequently all the CGI (including every single alien in the movie, except those dead ones on the operating table) was created in Wellington, NZ.
As for the claims of LoTR being rubbish - even if you overlook the amazing technical feat of three movies being shot all at the same time and the pioneering CGI techniques (Gollum, massive) that made George Lucas look like the chump he is, there was still good merit in those movies. What's with all the haters? All your new year cheer dissipated already?
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst