6 posts • joined Saturday 2nd January 2010 13:33 GMT
> The well-documented love-in between the government and Google showed no sign
> of letting up today. But then, why would it.
Because the UK is Google's second biggest market, and yet they pay sweet-f*ck-all in tax?
Sure, you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.
I would add Fortinet's FortiClient to the list. It is free (as in beer) and comes with a registry watcher, VPN client, spam and web filtering.. amazing.
Freely downloadable from http://www.fortinet.com/products/endpoint/forticlient.html
Not affiliated with Fortinet but I do love their products.
..Google uses its monopoly on Search to push its other services!! Film at 11!
You are all forgetting PJ's "Heavenly Creatures" which launched Kate Winslet's career.
Also "District 9" was produced by PJ, consequently all the CGI (including every single alien in the movie, except those dead ones on the operating table) was created in Wellington, NZ.
As for the claims of LoTR being rubbish - even if you overlook the amazing technical feat of three movies being shot all at the same time and the pioneering CGI techniques (Gollum, massive) that made George Lucas look like the chump he is, there was still good merit in those movies. What's with all the haters? All your new year cheer dissipated already?
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad