1 post • joined 22 Sep 2006
I've read somewhere...
I've read somewhere that researchers think people's eyes can actually grow and change shape slowly in response to viewing out-of-focus images (but only at a certain age, around puberty?). This focus adjustment only works in one direction though (the eye can elongate in one direction but not shrink), which may explain why short-sightedness is more common than long-sightedness.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops