2 posts • joined 23 Dec 2009
IBM long ago lost it's soul.
MicroCode updates are the customers responsibility. IBM will in some cases apply them, at the requested time, if the customer wishes.
IBM can place a hyper and other ucode updates in the customers face, but the ultimate decision when and to apply is the customers.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide