1 post • joined 21 May 2007
Widening their options
I think this is a good move by HTC as the MS smartphone market is too small for a fast growing company like it. Linux is growing faster than Windows mobile worldwide and the company should have the option of exploiting that market too.
In addition, I do a lot of pervasive Java development (including mobile) using Java ME and I could care less what the OS is since most mobile OS (Linux/Symbian/Windows/Blackberry, etc) can run Java apps, but in the desktop and server world, MS is hostile to Java and so I tend to be hostile towards it in the mobile world too.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball