7 posts • joined 16 Dec 2009
aspire one ssd drive
super talent make/made a drop in replacement ssd in 16gb and 32gb versions, got the 16gb last year it works fine
you can also get an adapter to use a compact flash card instead
"By July, this limit must be capped at €50 (£44) per month."
offer them £44 as a fair settlement and invite them to sue if they don't like it!
Air ships, the new snake-oil
Why aren't we doing this?
in one word, WIND
the air isn't still up there
the british army tried this in Northern Ireland they require to much fuel just to remain on one spot
But lets not let the facts get in the way of a spot of Crab-Bashing
Chinook vs Merlin
"The Merlin can take a good few direct hits, but the chinook is about as durable as a paper plane in comparison."
that quite frankly is rubbish chinook has taken and continues to take plenty of hits
yes 2 were shot down recently but
1. they kept going for long enough to ensure no-one got hurt
2. chinook has been shot at and hit plenty of times
Next time you meet a soldier back from afghanistan buy him/her a pint and ask what their favorite helicopter is
you'll only get one reply and it won't be made in yeovil
No Nimrod = vulnrable sub based nukes
Long ranged maratime patrol is vital to the UK's Trident sub fleet, we need to know where other Subs are esp as they leave/enter Faslane, there's not that many ways in or out Merlin alone just doesn't cut it
its also vital to Search and rescue operations, bollox bob's plan is to use c130's, not like their busy or anything
Agree about the chinooks though (RAF never wanted Merlin HC3 in the first place) romour is Wildcat was agreed to mainly to keep westlands busy
Whats really stupid though is moving Harrier down the road at vast expense only to chop it a few years later it should have been chopped now, it won't be deployed again its only being kept to keep the carriers busy
overall a thumbs up
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Episode 4 BOFH: Oh DO tell us what you think. *CLICK*