3 posts • joined 10 Dec 2009
Enter the real world, please.
Businesses do /not/ store their data on the web. Entrust my commercially sensitive data to Google? I think not.
People /keep/ going on about the cloud. There's a reason that people stopped using thin clients. Keep that in mind.
Not full version
I thought the reason you couldn't install Mac OSX on anything but a Mac, was because they only sell upgrade versions?
Use opendns at work? Why not roll your own?
It's far from difficult to roll your own dns server, that uses the root servers to find what you want. Then you don't depend on anyone.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt