3 posts • joined 10 Dec 2009
Enter the real world, please.
Businesses do /not/ store their data on the web. Entrust my commercially sensitive data to Google? I think not.
People /keep/ going on about the cloud. There's a reason that people stopped using thin clients. Keep that in mind.
Not full version
I thought the reason you couldn't install Mac OSX on anything but a Mac, was because they only sell upgrade versions?
Use opendns at work? Why not roll your own?
It's far from difficult to roll your own dns server, that uses the root servers to find what you want. Then you don't depend on anyone.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON