2 posts • joined 10 Dec 2009
@ 7000 ZFS and NetApp
Some people have short memories.
Did NetApp ever settle the patent infringement with StorageTek over the STK Shared Virtual Array (Iceberg) ? The first product by a long chalk to implement a virtual storage array based on "no update in place". A time when NetApps employees were in nappies.
Oh I forgot, Sun, I mean Oracle, now own that intellectual property ....
The last IDC figures I saw for the last quarter showed Sun SPARC out shipped Power by 4 x
I'll say that again more slowly . . . . FOUR TIMES the units sold.
PS Ed. I don't think SAP is certified yet for Oracle 11g, they always wait for R2
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why