2 posts • joined 10 Dec 2009
@ 7000 ZFS and NetApp
Some people have short memories.
Did NetApp ever settle the patent infringement with StorageTek over the STK Shared Virtual Array (Iceberg) ? The first product by a long chalk to implement a virtual storage array based on "no update in place". A time when NetApps employees were in nappies.
Oh I forgot, Sun, I mean Oracle, now own that intellectual property ....
The last IDC figures I saw for the last quarter showed Sun SPARC out shipped Power by 4 x
I'll say that again more slowly . . . . FOUR TIMES the units sold.
PS Ed. I don't think SAP is certified yet for Oracle 11g, they always wait for R2
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Shellshock: 'Larger scale attack' on its way, warn securo-bods