2 posts • joined Thursday 10th December 2009 12:45 GMT
@ 7000 ZFS and NetApp
Some people have short memories.
Did NetApp ever settle the patent infringement with StorageTek over the STK Shared Virtual Array (Iceberg) ? The first product by a long chalk to implement a virtual storage array based on "no update in place". A time when NetApps employees were in nappies.
Oh I forgot, Sun, I mean Oracle, now own that intellectual property ....
The last IDC figures I saw for the last quarter showed Sun SPARC out shipped Power by 4 x
I'll say that again more slowly . . . . FOUR TIMES the units sold.
PS Ed. I don't think SAP is certified yet for Oracle 11g, they always wait for R2
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- Fun-killing fireshow-flunking ZOMBIE COMET ISON only LOOKED alive
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- Inside IBM's vomit-inducing, noise-free future chip lab