2 posts • joined 10 Dec 2009
@ 7000 ZFS and NetApp
Some people have short memories.
Did NetApp ever settle the patent infringement with StorageTek over the STK Shared Virtual Array (Iceberg) ? The first product by a long chalk to implement a virtual storage array based on "no update in place". A time when NetApps employees were in nappies.
Oh I forgot, Sun, I mean Oracle, now own that intellectual property ....
The last IDC figures I saw for the last quarter showed Sun SPARC out shipped Power by 4 x
I'll say that again more slowly . . . . FOUR TIMES the units sold.
PS Ed. I don't think SAP is certified yet for Oracle 11g, they always wait for R2
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth