3 posts • joined 9 Dec 2009
No good will come of this
Thus the reason why I detest the idea of intermixing "disk" traffic across the normal data LAN. I've already had to endure countless shouting matches over who gets what priority QoS wise, endless "marking" mashups and resisted the urge to throttle someone in a never ending meeting because of the insistence on 'converging' all of our services upon one poor wire. (or fiber).
Separate LANs especially within a data center were created for a reason. Piling them all onto the same switching network even with independent VLANs is just asking for trouble as far as I'm concerned.
Now, where's my stone tablet and chisel? I've got an email to get out.
No local bidders?
Cisco? What a Huawei network isn't a case of "close enough for government work" copy?
Maybe it's just a plot to import tons of new current Cisco gear so it's easier to duplicate.
Nah, they probably already have all the information on those they need.
Where are all these Friends?
With the benefits? Certainly I'm feeling left out of this phenomenon.
No wait, would that be old ugly fat friends? Nevermind.
Beer for....well.. the not so friendly ones.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests