10 posts • joined 9 Dec 2009
Start with the assumption The Sun are liars, and go from there.
price on launch of a new product = 3 times the bill of materials? Sounds about standard to me.
Rip-offs subjective, anti-competitive practices factual
1. The point is taxes are used to encourage/discourage behaviour. I don't see the argument for taxing e-books and not paper books - I imagine the VAT-exemption is to encourage learning, plus there's the the added benefit of saving trees. Convenience is a poor argument for taxing it.
2. Publishers ARE fixing prices on Kindle. Amazon are not allowed to set the price as they would with anything else they sell. This seems to be abusing the market to push their own e-book formats, hence anti-competitive.
I don't have any issues with paying a fair price for the knowledge or enjoyment - I paid £23 for an e-book last night. Saved £8 on the hardback and didn't have to wait for stock to arrive.
Catholics protesting against bizarre rituals to please make-believe entities? Irony fail?
It's Orange, I'm actually impressed their call centre knows about it. Usually they deny all knowledge of network problems and just offer the 'turn your phone off and on, remove and reinsert the SIM' mantra.
Not the first time
Ooh, must be all of about 6 weeks since the last nationwide data outage on Orange, though that one only lasted half a day.
Back to Vodafone in 9 months time.
Sale of Goods Act gives more rights than the EU Directive. Neither give a 'warranty' that you can get a full refund beyond a reasonable period to inspect the phone, which is what O2 are interpreting as 14 days. If it was faulty, you could still return it up to 6 years later (after 6 months you'd have to prove it was a fault rather than them prove it wasn't faulty when they sold it) but they'd be entitled to offer a repair or replacement, so O2's offer does not screw you on your rights at all.
I'm more willing to believe the Sun is lying than MPs
Religious exemptions again
It's not illegal, but how about trying going shopping in a balaclava and see how far you get.
I'll gladly add it to my app pile......when it's available outside the US
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests