1 post • joined 24 Nov 2009
You did a great job of summing up the essence of the 1401 and the speeches of Chuck Branscomb and Fran Underwood. You cannot imagine the thrills we founders had attending the events celebrating the 50th Anniversary as we recalled the period leading up to the announcement in 1959. It was not only the technology, but also the camaraderie and teamwork that made this machine and its introduction to the world so memorable.
Jan Swanson Barris, Lead Writer IBM 1401 Reference Manual.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know