1 post • joined 24 Nov 2009
You did a great job of summing up the essence of the 1401 and the speeches of Chuck Branscomb and Fran Underwood. You cannot imagine the thrills we founders had attending the events celebrating the 50th Anniversary as we recalled the period leading up to the announcement in 1959. It was not only the technology, but also the camaraderie and teamwork that made this machine and its introduction to the world so memorable.
Jan Swanson Barris, Lead Writer IBM 1401 Reference Manual.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln