I'm consistently in favour of people using what suits them best. I don't pretend to know what that is in every case but then, the mad evangelists don't know either. They just claim to.
I'm also consistently over the "ZOMG M$ ARE EEEEBILS" that appears to afflict the idiocracy of commentards.
My consistent line is
- Google are bad news pretending to be fwuffy bunnies.
- Apple aren't as bad. They do tend to lie about what they've invented and work along a scientology basis, but still not as bad. You can always not buy an iPhone.
- Microsoft's main evil these days is that of incompetent marketing and a nightmarishly complicated corporate licensing program. Mostly harmless, if often mindboggling.
- linux is great if it's for you. It's not for most people. Especially when Google are making it into spyware.
- as dev/architect who has worked with Oracle products for many years, my considered view is that Larry Ellison hates us all. Fuck him right back.
I think that covers it.