1 post • joined 13 Nov 2009
Only needs one USB port
Being read-only, it only needs one USB port. Many (most? all?) DVD writers need more power than one USB port can provide and so you waste two USB ports on the drive. I've personally found two-port drives to be temperamental to boot. I doubt the target netbook market are that fussed about the lack of writing.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs