1 post • joined 13 Nov 2009
Only needs one USB port
Being read-only, it only needs one USB port. Many (most? all?) DVD writers need more power than one USB port can provide and so you waste two USB ports on the drive. I've personally found two-port drives to be temperamental to boot. I doubt the target netbook market are that fussed about the lack of writing.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Experimental hypersonic SUPERMISSILE destroyed 4 SECONDS after US launched it