1 post • joined Thursday 12th November 2009 14:57 GMT
I call bullshit
Your passing shot "In case Sikka hadn't noticed, Eclipse is also dominated by another big company - IBM...." is just nonsense in this context. Certainly IBM remains the largest contributor to Eclipse, but this conversation is about governance not contribution.
The JCP remains an organization where Sun has a veto. The Eclipse Foundation has no such special voting rights for any members, and specifically not IBM. The JCP executive committee doesn't approve the budget, staffing or leadership of the JCP. The Eclipse Foundation board does perform those roles at Eclipse, because the Eclipse Foundation is a truly independent, vendor-neutral organization with a real board with real powers.
SAP sits on the board of both organizations. As does Oracle and IBM. They can tell the difference.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle