1 post • joined 12 Nov 2009
I call bullshit
Your passing shot "In case Sikka hadn't noticed, Eclipse is also dominated by another big company - IBM...." is just nonsense in this context. Certainly IBM remains the largest contributor to Eclipse, but this conversation is about governance not contribution.
The JCP remains an organization where Sun has a veto. The Eclipse Foundation has no such special voting rights for any members, and specifically not IBM. The JCP executive committee doesn't approve the budget, staffing or leadership of the JCP. The Eclipse Foundation board does perform those roles at Eclipse, because the Eclipse Foundation is a truly independent, vendor-neutral organization with a real board with real powers.
SAP sits on the board of both organizations. As does Oracle and IBM. They can tell the difference.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Linux turns 23 and Linus Torvalds celebrates as only he can