1 post • joined 12 Nov 2009
Android and Java
Well, Android doesn't *contain* Java, but development of Android Apps is mostly done in Java (with an escape to C via the Native Development Kit for really low-level stuff). OK, it's not J2ME, more like J2SE minus Swing, with the addition of the Android GUI and other extensions.
So, the original comment from batfastad about programming an Android handset in Java does stand up.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide