1 post • joined 6 Nov 2009
I know the future...
>> So where will Nvidia's x86 core come from? Internally, said Freedman.
>> "We believe internally developed x86 solutions are more likely than
>> external acquisitions - ie. VIA," he said, adding: "We believe that Nvidia
>> has hired former Transmeta staff extensively."
I'll tell you where... actually its really simple if you've been following the news lately. They will license their CPU architecture from AMD, embed their GPU on-die, tweak and optimize to their heart's content and have them all made by Global Foundries (and TSMC).
All the appropriate lawyers are already in talks as you read this. The only (BIG) hurdle is Intel. Intel will sue everyone and everything with a vengeance. The only way to stop Intel from unleashing its full fury is when it will be clear that AMD is winning its lawsuit (by early to mid 2010). Only then will Intel sit and negotiate a settlement of allowing AMD to re-license all of Intel's patents in condition that AMD drops the suite and never sues (and complains) again on that matter.
Only time will tell...
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base