5 posts • joined Tuesday 27th October 2009 11:06 GMT
They tell lies
Many years ago (about 14 years as it was windows 98 era) I had the misfortune to buy a computer from them. It had a modem. I asked specifically if it was a modem that worked entirely through hardware (i.e. not a "winmodem"). The sales droid said "I don't know, I'll ask the manager". Sales droid returned and said "Yes it is a hardware modem and not a "winmodem"". Guess what. They lied. The modem only worked in microsoft windows. Haven't bought anything from Dixons group since.
White bread sliced from loaf made today, or generic white sliced if new bread not available, and dry cured thick cut unsmoked back or middle bacon (lots of - at least 4 slices per slice of bread). No marg/butter or sauce required, just a small amount of fat from the bacon to moisten the bread. Perfect for the post-pub munchies.
I object to providing a subsidy for BT while my broadband connection goes up and down like a yoyo. They seem to be turning it off for several hours every night at the moment. I'm not in a rural area. Perhaps they should fix their existing connections before making new ones.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones