3 posts • joined 23 Oct 2009
There is no real problem...
I am an early iPad user and I don't care that my e-mail address was leaked. It's not like spammers aren't already getting this information through marketing and advertising firms. Heck companies are leaking data against their own privacy policies all the time, it's rediculous.
It is more secure
I am an Apple user, and like any computer system we are all well aware there are security risks no matter how secure or stable you may feel your operating system is.
The thing I always come back to is:
Microsoft has been well aware of issues with their OS for many years, and in most cases they are still there today. They just don't seem to take security seriously.
Apple takes feedback and actively improve the system and removing risks as they are found.
Why would I load MS Windows just to be plagued with bugs that are 4+ years old, when I can load a MORE secure OS (MACOS X) today?
and I Quote...
To quote Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826):
When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great