8 posts • joined 23 Oct 2009
Stable - unless you use an SSD running ext4.
I upgraded from 6 and the new kernel introduced a bug which messes up ext4 file systems on SSDs under load (such as apt-get upgrade of more than a few packages - ouch). I even went to the trouble of pulling a 3.8 kernel from unstable to try to fix the issue but it was still happening so today I had to migrate the drive over to XFS to try to make it functional again. Early indications are good, but I'm still testing...
So, not-entirely-stable especially with the *default* file system.
Ah, good one.
Or the disorientation felt by a Scientologist when he realises his entire mythology was written whole cloth by a _really_ bad science fiction writer...
Well, I for one...
...really want a version of this for my Asus Transformer, it's like a little (very high-res) netbook anyway with the keyboard docked. The thing's a bugger to unlock though...
With that off the final list, I find I cannot cast my vote!
Re: Beware America
Wait, what have the Welsh got to do with it?
"One molecule different"?
What the heck is that supposed to mean? Let's not use the example using the closely related carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide, we have a whole molecule to play with! Water is one molecule different from aspirin, which is one molecule different from methane. Let's arrest everyone who has drunk a coke - after all sugar is just one molecule different from a banned substance...
I saw this on a poster and thought they might do better to include the rather obviously missing option of "probably not".
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst