1 post • joined 14 Oct 2009
It's not magic.
You still need to track what you've got and monitor your systems so you stay ahead of your customers' requirements. Just means that most of the time you only need to buy (and power and cool) half the disk that your Windows boxes think they need.
Just make sure when you buy your array that the thin provisioning they implement allows you to overprovision should you choose to - not all of them do. If not, you're either left with half a rack of disk which thinks it's "full", or a full rack with no thin volumes. Genius.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests