1 post • joined 14 Oct 2009
It's not magic.
You still need to track what you've got and monitor your systems so you stay ahead of your customers' requirements. Just means that most of the time you only need to buy (and power and cool) half the disk that your Windows boxes think they need.
Just make sure when you buy your array that the thin provisioning they implement allows you to overprovision should you choose to - not all of them do. If not, you're either left with half a rack of disk which thinks it's "full", or a full rack with no thin volumes. Genius.
- Asteroid's SHOCK DINO MURDER SPREE just bad luck - boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great