5 posts • joined 9 Oct 2009
Only the tip of the iceberg
I used to be an external assessor for NESTA and can well believe every word of this report. Nor was this the only project badly handled (to put it mildly) by NESTA senior management, who were slothful, stupid, arrogant or greedy - and often all four.
Time to start charging for emails. A penny a shot, or even less, would discourage spammers. The fee might optionally be paid to a charity. Any email not tagged 'paid for' would not be delivered.
Time to start charging for emails. A penny a shot, or even less, would discourage many spammers. The fee might optionally be paid to a charity. Any email not tagged 'paid for' would not be delivered.
A Grimm business
Are we to assume that Disney Corpse is claiming ownership of the Snow White fairy tale? Didn't the Brothers Grimm have something to do with it in the nineteenth century? And before them, generations of illiterate peasants?
Not such good news
Can't help thinking that anything that raises a cheer from car drivers, libertarians and Jeremy Clarkson has got to be bad for road safety. Let's have many more speed cameras - I'm not frightened of them.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats