2 posts • joined 5 Oct 2009
"... But I want to leave you with one final thought: in our personal lives, geeks are traditionally regarded as fiercely loyal...
....IT folks simultaneously have a reputation for job-hopping - something about the two stereotypes just doesn't parse..."
I don't know about others, but it seems that we're fiercly loyal, _to those that we fell deserve it_.
Why travel instead?
You forgot to mention one other reason people want to travel instead of video conference... For all the activities after the talk. (wink wink)
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low