2 posts • joined 5 Oct 2009
"... But I want to leave you with one final thought: in our personal lives, geeks are traditionally regarded as fiercely loyal...
....IT folks simultaneously have a reputation for job-hopping - something about the two stereotypes just doesn't parse..."
I don't know about others, but it seems that we're fiercly loyal, _to those that we fell deserve it_.
Why travel instead?
You forgot to mention one other reason people want to travel instead of video conference... For all the activities after the talk. (wink wink)
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers