4 posts • joined 2 Oct 2009
Re: Updating parameters during the landing
According to this cnet article (http://news.cnet.com/8301-11386_3-57481962-76/curiosity-rover-drives-$2.5b-make-or-break-mars-mission/) the distance to mars at the time of curiosity's descent is 154 million miles yielding a round trip time of 27.6 minutes.
Theme tune remix
can be done here ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/news/radiophonatron.shtml )and doesn't cost 65 quid.
Back in 1989 I accompanied a colleague from UCL to Mt Stromolo and observed a bunch of cool carbon stars using the 74" telescope looking for C60. Turned out we were looking in the wrong part of the spectrum so nice to know it's been found at last.
Illinois not alone
New Mexico also declared Pluto to be a planet while overhead:
- One HUNDRED FAMOUS LADIES exposed NUDE online
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64