4 posts • joined 2 Oct 2009
Re: Updating parameters during the landing
According to this cnet article (http://news.cnet.com/8301-11386_3-57481962-76/curiosity-rover-drives-$2.5b-make-or-break-mars-mission/) the distance to mars at the time of curiosity's descent is 154 million miles yielding a round trip time of 27.6 minutes.
Theme tune remix
can be done here ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/news/radiophonatron.shtml )and doesn't cost 65 quid.
Back in 1989 I accompanied a colleague from UCL to Mt Stromolo and observed a bunch of cool carbon stars using the 74" telescope looking for C60. Turned out we were looking in the wrong part of the spectrum so nice to know it's been found at last.
Illinois not alone
New Mexico also declared Pluto to be a planet while overhead:
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs