4 posts • joined 2 Oct 2009
Re: Updating parameters during the landing
According to this cnet article (http://news.cnet.com/8301-11386_3-57481962-76/curiosity-rover-drives-$2.5b-make-or-break-mars-mission/) the distance to mars at the time of curiosity's descent is 154 million miles yielding a round trip time of 27.6 minutes.
Theme tune remix
can be done here ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/news/radiophonatron.shtml )and doesn't cost 65 quid.
Back in 1989 I accompanied a colleague from UCL to Mt Stromolo and observed a bunch of cool carbon stars using the 74" telescope looking for C60. Turned out we were looking in the wrong part of the spectrum so nice to know it's been found at last.
Illinois not alone
New Mexico also declared Pluto to be a planet while overhead:
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?