1 post • joined 30 Sep 2009
Re:PCI is crap
While I am not the standards biggest fan, I have to question what you said about Plesk CP.
As I understand Plesk to work, it would not matter that it is running on a different daemon. It provides significant (complete?) control of the website and therefore is a security risk. If it were compromised it would be a serious threat to the site's security. How you can conclude this has 0 relevance to a site is beyond me.
Appropriate controls should be put on any administrative function. This includes, amongst other things, using strong ciphers, restricting public access and/or using two factor authentication.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…