1 post • joined 30 Sep 2009
Re:PCI is crap
While I am not the standards biggest fan, I have to question what you said about Plesk CP.
As I understand Plesk to work, it would not matter that it is running on a different daemon. It provides significant (complete?) control of the website and therefore is a security risk. If it were compromised it would be a serious threat to the site's security. How you can conclude this has 0 relevance to a site is beyond me.
Appropriate controls should be put on any administrative function. This includes, amongst other things, using strong ciphers, restricting public access and/or using two factor authentication.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Origins of SEXUAL INTERCOURSE fished out of SCOTTISH LAKE