2 posts • joined Wednesday 20th June 2007 09:13 GMT
BOFH is for dicks
Who the hell thinks this is funny, it's the same joke about planting porn for frustrated admins every week. I wish the reg would stop carrying this crap.
It's the only article in the reg which is ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEED not to raise a smile, which is a bit wierd for a news site. Drop it guys, it wasnt funny in the nineties, it's as funny as cancer now. You are rewarding failure!
I think the BBFC have over the years shown themselves to be progressive and wise, especially given their remit, which is to ban stuff like sex and violence, that I quite like.
I heard the original Manhunt was quite good and all that, but the tone is very very disturbing. Not one person who has posted here has suggested that this is suitable for children. It clearly isnt. And I think the BBFC, had they known that this title would not make its way into the hands of tens of thousands of children, through lax parenting, wouldn't have banned it. So I think that while their banning of the title is legally very dubious from a libertarian perspective, they have absolutely nailed it morally. My only concern is that this probably won't hurt Rockstar much, as sales in other countries will be boosted by the controversy
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Interpol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt