2 posts • joined 29 Sep 2009
Missing the point
I might buy some of this for my neighbours who have channel hopping Sky/BT routers. Then I might actually get a decent wifi signal in my house.
That reminds me of a letter I faked to my boss who was suffering with his Raptors...
Dear Western Digital and Ingram Micro Customer,
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING WESTERN DIGITAL RAPTOR HARD DRIVES PART NUMBERS WD3000HLFS AND WD1500BLFS
A batch of Western Digital Raptor branded hard drives have been recalled due to a serious hardware fault. The fault occurs when these hard drives are installed into some computer systems manufactured by HP, IBM and Dell. At first the hard drives get intermittently misreported by the BIOS, which can lead to an unbootable system. Over time the hard drives store an excessive amount of residual heat which can build up and cause thermal ratcheting, leading to a failure under constant kinetic strain of the “Platter Internal Stability System”.
Any hard drives you might have need to be returned to us as soon as possible so Western Digital can extract the Platter Internal Stability System hardware, look for errors and update the firmware to avoid Severe Heat Induced Tremors.
Please call us on 0844 800 3838 so we can give you a Consignment User Number Tag with which to return your unit(s).
Product Information Support Specialist
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Apple flings iOS 8.1 at world+dog: Our AMAZEBALLS 9-step installation guide