15 posts • joined Monday 21st September 2009 06:51 GMT
WhatsApp is cross-platform. You can even use it on iDevices... ;-)
I love that! That video makes me want one! :oD
Re: What are you supposed to do, use a ‘4’ instead? Gre4t ide4.
You could have a spare A (or all the characters, even) in a text file somewhere and cut and paste from that...
The Mini has a really nice screen, sharper than that on the iPad 2. I don't think it needed retina. I can touch type on it, though I do have small hands. I found it a bit heavy to hold in one hand, probably for the same reason :-) But I reckon it's going to be in a lot of Christmas stockings this year.
Re: The ideal Kindle
The keyboard is pretty essential in the 3G version which has free data and Internet access. I don't know about anyone else, but that's mainly what I bought mine for (for travelling). Reading books is incidental, and I still prefer the paper version of a book.
Has anybody else tried the hidden predictive text dictionary? It is just awful. It comes up with anything BUT the word you're trying to type! Most of the suggestions are words that no one could possibly have a use for. I can't wait to disable it again...
Never mind the pedestrians...
...what amazes me is the number of *cyclists* wearing earphones! And they're mixing it with the traffic the whole time, (unlike the pedestrians, who are mostly safely on the pavement).
- Mexican Cobalt-60 robbers are DEAD MEN, say authorities
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more