4 posts • joined 16 Sep 2009
Labradoodles and quantum physics
@Simon Neill - But at least when teaching labradoodles Quantum Physics, they do learn it (but, they also don't at the same time). The real problem with this situation, though, is that they might chase Schroedinger's (US Spelling) cat.
Cannot be true
We here on the left side of the pond know that this cannot be true. We're taught that women are incapable of violence, unless they've been abused. But, in such cases, knowing that only men are capable of abuse, their violence is still the fault of a man.
I think we have other problems with fusion
The real problem with fusion is the energy it takes to contain and compress the plasma to allow fusion to begin (and be sustained). Stars do this with their intense gravity (it's also the gravity that produces the energy to 'ignite' the fusion). Currently, it takes more energy to contain/compress the plasma than we get out of it. Increasing the amount of fuel fused will only increase this demand to contain/compress the plasma. I believe we'll need to find some other means than magnetic fields for this purpose.
A point of clarification
The article states that Sears owns K-Mart, but, it's actually the other way around. K-Mart owns Sears.
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Feature Be your own Big Brother: Monitoring your manor, the easy way
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer