4 posts • joined 16 Sep 2009
Labradoodles and quantum physics
@Simon Neill - But at least when teaching labradoodles Quantum Physics, they do learn it (but, they also don't at the same time). The real problem with this situation, though, is that they might chase Schroedinger's (US Spelling) cat.
Cannot be true
We here on the left side of the pond know that this cannot be true. We're taught that women are incapable of violence, unless they've been abused. But, in such cases, knowing that only men are capable of abuse, their violence is still the fault of a man.
I think we have other problems with fusion
The real problem with fusion is the energy it takes to contain and compress the plasma to allow fusion to begin (and be sustained). Stars do this with their intense gravity (it's also the gravity that produces the energy to 'ignite' the fusion). Currently, it takes more energy to contain/compress the plasma than we get out of it. Increasing the amount of fuel fused will only increase this demand to contain/compress the plasma. I believe we'll need to find some other means than magnetic fields for this purpose.
A point of clarification
The article states that Sears owns K-Mart, but, it's actually the other way around. K-Mart owns Sears.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor