4 posts • joined 14 Sep 2009
Never tried swiftkey
but I've got Swipe for my Nokia X6 (best Nokia I've ever had, but that's not saying much) & it's great!
It was a free download from Ovi & I can honestly say that It's the best thing I've ever had on a phone- quicker, easier and more intuitive than either the old school texting, predictive text or qwerty keyboards (both onscreen & fold out as in my N97 mini)
Microsoft didn't declare the internet finished with IE6; they stopped development 'cos they'd killed Netscape.
Firefox rose from the ashes because M$ were sitting back satisfied that their stratergy of giving IE away for free to kill Netscape's only paying prodict.
Re Mike Tree
I think you'll find that they are already changing the news to give us happy endings.
re: Jonathan McColl
I think you mean Edgar Rice Burroughs, and it was Mars, not venus (although Heinlin referred to it in The Number of The Beast).
/aged SF geek
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Anal-ysis Buying memory in the iPhone 6: Like wiping your bottom with dollar bills
- Bacon-related medical breakthrough wins Ig Nobel prize