4 posts • joined 14 Sep 2009
Never tried swiftkey
but I've got Swipe for my Nokia X6 (best Nokia I've ever had, but that's not saying much) & it's great!
It was a free download from Ovi & I can honestly say that It's the best thing I've ever had on a phone- quicker, easier and more intuitive than either the old school texting, predictive text or qwerty keyboards (both onscreen & fold out as in my N97 mini)
Microsoft didn't declare the internet finished with IE6; they stopped development 'cos they'd killed Netscape.
Firefox rose from the ashes because M$ were sitting back satisfied that their stratergy of giving IE away for free to kill Netscape's only paying prodict.
Re Mike Tree
I think you'll find that they are already changing the news to give us happy endings.
re: Jonathan McColl
I think you mean Edgar Rice Burroughs, and it was Mars, not venus (although Heinlin referred to it in The Number of The Beast).
/aged SF geek
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON