6 posts • joined 11 Sep 2009
Maybe this will teach people a lesson about spending real money on fake stuff!
Not a fan
I'm not a fan of where Gnome is going. It seems they're trying to dumb it down too much. I can see how it would be good on tablets and netbooks but not on real computers. I also don't like the look of the new Unity thing for Ubuntu (though it looks nicer than Gnome3.
I think it's gunna have to be KDE for me from now on unless they sort it out. I just can't imagine using a desktop environment in which I can't minimize windows or have a proper menu system.
This is what puts me off the iPhone
that and I don't spend much money on my pay as you go phone at the moment so it's not worth the price.
I can see why they would not allow apps which infringe copyright or are racist or stuff like that but not allowing an app becasue it's not particularly usefull? Shirley that's something the end user should decide not Apple. If I want my phone/computer/toaster to make fart noises why the hell not??
There isn't an app for that!
The Avira Popups
can be disabled very easily!
I'm still tempted to replace my Avira with it though as Avira is only 32 bit and MSE comes in 64 bit versions too. Is 64 bit antivirus likely to speed things up/offer better protection?
I've put my application in!
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs