10 posts • joined Wednesday 9th September 2009 20:12 GMT
So much US TV is crap. I've really been enjoying having access to Canadian, Australian and UK TV via Netflix. I wonder if that's a case of "grass is always greener." Do Canadians think Canadian TV is crap and hunger for US TV? Do Australians think Australian TV is crap and hunger for Canadian TV?
There are actually 3000+ people in this world who are using both Microsoft Security Essentials anti-virus software and a non-Microsoft browser? Wouldn't users of a non-Microsoft browser tend to use one of the many other free anti-virus products that aren't from Microsoft? Avast? AVG?
A few years back I walked into a branch of my bank that I rarely visited, so I was an unknown person, and explained to the bank teller than I had forgotten the pin for my ATM card. He happily walked me outside to the ATM machine and reset my pin for me--with no request for ID to prove that I was the legit owner of this ATM card. If that doesn't scare you, I don't know what would.
The Canada Option
If we evacuate to Canada, do we get decent health care like every other civilized nation on the planet besides the US (OK, civilized is debatable)? I'm there!
I'm as willing to complain about Microsoft as the next gal, but really, bugs happen. I agree that it's silly to expect Microsoft to back port bug fixes to a a beta version of the software. Now if they don't propose to fix it in Vista, that's another thing entirely.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs