3 posts • joined 7 Sep 2009
That is a pitty. ZFS is a revolution in the filesystem world. It should be a piece of cake for a company such as Apple to integrate it in the OS. I don't understand why Apple and Microsoft bother to build their own filesystem. That is not their core business. They should rather focus on the user experience. In the meantime people have to live with crap filesystems such as HFS+ and NTFS. I have had to reinstall both Mac OS X and Windows several times, just because it is possible their filesystems can get corrupted. Not only servers contain valuable data.
FSF is a religion
Sending all those lettres doesn't help. It is very naive. Anyway, why should I help out pope Stallman and his FSF-church? That communist lot is not even consistent. Their definition of freedom is as relevant as the freedom to choose the colour of your toilet paper. It has no economic meaning. Look at Apple. They use a lot open source where it makes sense to them, but not in the dogmatic way the FSF proposes.
The Aqua shell can't be matched
Apple sets the stage when it comes to desktop design, more than ever. The open source world will never match the, because it has no unity of vision and no professional designers. Why a non-developer bother with a Linux desktop? Because at first sight it seems to be free. That is not very relevant, however, for a tool that will be used for several years.
I would even advise developers to use Mac OS X if they want a proper UNIX system.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NAKED PHOTOS hack