1 post • joined 21 Aug 2009
We recently ran a proof-of-concept project using Citrix XenDesktop to host 3 virtual machines. Whilst we specced out the virtual machines to match current desktops in terms of memory and CPU, we found that there were some serious issues with performance when using eningeering tools such as IBM Statemate design tool and Greenhills AdaMulti compilers. We found that the virtual environment didn't handle page faults and context switching at all well, meaning that some of our software builds were taking around 50% longer to complete on a virtual environment compared to our desktops.
Dan. Typhoon Integration & Deployment Team, BAE SYSTEMS.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast