8 posts • joined Monday 17th August 2009 21:28 GMT
So... Even the Swiss have a more ambitious space program than us?
Why doesn't that surprise me?
Never Mind Earth's Environment
But what about the Titanians?
Won't someone think of the Titanians!?
!Boot files first appeared on the BBC Micro.
As far as NexTStep and RISCOS's respective "docks" go, the implementation of each is so different as to dispel any notion of one copying the other. In some ways the early ROS icon bar resembles the Windows Taskbar (which didn't appear until 95) as running applications are represented by icons on one side of the panel, with drives and application directories on the other.
The RISCOS icon bar is a far superior implementation of the dock concept. Sure, it doesn't have the sophisticated graphics and the fancy animations, but it is possible to add stuff to it with the icons becoming so small you can barely make out what they are thanks to its virtual infinite length.
Also... Bundles is just a copy of !Boot
Screw The Cloak of Invisibility
I want my seven-league boots.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst