1 post • joined 13 Aug 2009
packet switching pre-1970 &c.
I connected to the ARPAnet using packet switching technology in 1969. If I recall correctly, the connection I used had been operating for over a year, perhaps two, at the time. The basic concepts involved have not changed since then so any claims to invention need to predate this.
The harvesting technology is very significant. Since farmers tend to skimp on hygiene or hygenic break time for their field employees, fecal contamination of vegetables and fruits is a very serious problem. A successful mechanical harvester would improve E. coli transmission prevention, for an example.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies
- True fact: 1 in 4 Brits are now TERRORISTS