1 post • joined 7 Aug 2009
Here's a slightly different twist - the Cisco 1000v virtual switch has an equivalent control plane in an external Virtual Supervisor Module (VSM), which, according to Cisco .... "... This standalone, external, physical or virtual appliance is responsible for the configuration, management, monitoring, and diagnostics of the overall Cisco Nexus 1000V Series system"...
The 1000v is not a VM per se but a virtual Ethernet switch on a server - however, its control plane is on a separate/standalone (and external) VSM - a slight variation on your point.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers