1 post • joined 7 Aug 2009
Here's a slightly different twist - the Cisco 1000v virtual switch has an equivalent control plane in an external Virtual Supervisor Module (VSM), which, according to Cisco .... "... This standalone, external, physical or virtual appliance is responsible for the configuration, management, monitoring, and diagnostics of the overall Cisco Nexus 1000V Series system"...
The 1000v is not a VM per se but a virtual Ethernet switch on a server - however, its control plane is on a separate/standalone (and external) VSM - a slight variation on your point.
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars