1 post • joined 7 Aug 2009
Here's a slightly different twist - the Cisco 1000v virtual switch has an equivalent control plane in an external Virtual Supervisor Module (VSM), which, according to Cisco .... "... This standalone, external, physical or virtual appliance is responsible for the configuration, management, monitoring, and diagnostics of the overall Cisco Nexus 1000V Series system"...
The 1000v is not a VM per se but a virtual Ethernet switch on a server - however, its control plane is on a separate/standalone (and external) VSM - a slight variation on your point.
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- The long war on 'DRAM price fixing' is over: Claim YOUR spoils now (It's worth a few beers)
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Dell thuds down low-cost lap workstation for
cheapfrugal creatives or engineers