1 post • joined 7 Aug 2009
Here's a slightly different twist - the Cisco 1000v virtual switch has an equivalent control plane in an external Virtual Supervisor Module (VSM), which, according to Cisco .... "... This standalone, external, physical or virtual appliance is responsible for the configuration, management, monitoring, and diagnostics of the overall Cisco Nexus 1000V Series system"...
The 1000v is not a VM per se but a virtual Ethernet switch on a server - however, its control plane is on a separate/standalone (and external) VSM - a slight variation on your point.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes