1 post • joined Friday 7th August 2009 23:34 GMT
Here's a slightly different twist - the Cisco 1000v virtual switch has an equivalent control plane in an external Virtual Supervisor Module (VSM), which, according to Cisco .... "... This standalone, external, physical or virtual appliance is responsible for the configuration, management, monitoring, and diagnostics of the overall Cisco Nexus 1000V Series system"...
The 1000v is not a VM per se but a virtual Ethernet switch on a server - however, its control plane is on a separate/standalone (and external) VSM - a slight variation on your point.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout