5 posts • joined Thursday 6th August 2009 14:10 GMT
At the beach or poolside, people who choose to be scantily clad do so and have no expectation of privacy regarding what skin is exposed to public view.
'Cut overhead significantly'
By the time you find an academically viable author, get it written, edited, edited, edited, edited, proofed, proofed, proofed, fact-checked and revised and fact-checked again and edited again, designed, typeset (yes, even digital texts must be typeset), configured for all five zillion of the pointless DRM platforms and THEN try to get a lecturer to review and recommend it to his class before you think about things like aggregators/retailers or one's own ecommerce system, then, yeah, sure, not printing it on paper will really cut those overhead costs.
To the Previous Five Geniuses
Can't help but huzzah when someone helps me row the boat away from the most useless electronic device since the pre-Betamax thingy that played movies stored on giant, LP-sized floppy disks, the name of which escapes me (help?). Huzzah.
Save your money. Buy a book, a pencil, and join a library.
@Google Book Settlement in a Nutshell
Arcadian pegged it.
Just because a book is out of print doesn't give anyone but publisher and/or author the right to assume that they can do whatever they like with the content. Google didn't write it or pay the author, the editors, proof readers, typesetters, printers & binders, sales reps etc. It's tantamount to someone raiding your shed in the depths of winter and saying, 'But you haven't used it in ages,' as they roll away with your lawn mower.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad