10 posts • joined 4 Aug 2009
Did you get the memo?
Vista is in extended support, which means (basically) only critical security updates, rather than general improvements/enhancements. So if your still running Vista (all 3 of you) then no updates for you!
Re: A shining example of how Microsoft got it wrong
"There is no easy way to add on the GUI afterwards if need be. If, you opt for the safety of the GUI to start with you have the Modern UI ... on a server!"
Very easy in fact if you bother to read the documentation
Install-WindowsFeature Server-Gui-Mgmt-Infra, Server-Gui-Shell –Restart
Just as easily removed as well. Only caveat is you might need the Windows installation files, if you installed core from the go as it saved disk space by not caching them on the system drive.
Does that no mean the plastic for the printer is going to cost upwards of £100 for a gram?
x66 was CISC last time I checked!
Nice looking UI but very poor on using the available screen space, lots of blank space and very little information shown. Worse than the new Sky HD UI which doesn't allow the planner to show more information when the mini-tv is turned off.
Will it blend?
That video should be banned, definitly cruel and sadistic punishment
Another coroporate not upgraded from IE6 then
Of that old screensaver that did that, would simulate a BSOD and reboot of the PC, lots of fun that one!
- Updated Hidden network packet sniffer in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account