9 posts • joined Tuesday 4th August 2009 15:27 GMT
Re: A shining example of how Microsoft got it wrong
"There is no easy way to add on the GUI afterwards if need be. If, you opt for the safety of the GUI to start with you have the Modern UI ... on a server!"
Very easy in fact if you bother to read the documentation
Install-WindowsFeature Server-Gui-Mgmt-Infra, Server-Gui-Shell –Restart
Just as easily removed as well. Only caveat is you might need the Windows installation files, if you installed core from the go as it saved disk space by not caching them on the system drive.
Does that no mean the plastic for the printer is going to cost upwards of £100 for a gram?
Nice looking UI but very poor on using the available screen space, lots of blank space and very little information shown. Worse than the new Sky HD UI which doesn't allow the planner to show more information when the mini-tv is turned off.
That video should be banned, definitly cruel and sadistic punishment
Of that old screensaver that did that, would simulate a BSOD and reboot of the PC, lots of fun that one!
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?