3 posts • joined 4 Aug 2009
I wanted an external keyboard for language-specific reasons? I'd attach a keyboard to a keyboard and look stooopid. What's the problem with a Mac Mini?
Still empty handed
It is the 17th and, despite an email from Play.com saying that the game was dispatched, I am still waiting anxiously. They had also sent me a previous email saying they'd dispatch by courier to ensure delivery on release date. I must admit that I live in Malta but, even if the courier were walking backwards, he'd have made over in ten days.
Isn't 'ubiquity' awfully less clumsy?
- - - -
I have resisted a Netbook so far, claiming that I can browse/email/tweet etc on my iPhone, a device that does fit inside a pocket and does almost all I need when I'm on the move. I'm in the office the rest of the time with a proper PC so I really can see no point in a midget laptop for my usage pattern. There are, however, a zillion Netbook users who have been suckered into a low-spec machine that tries hard to do what its elder brother does. I strongly suspect that these are the ones who will be overjoyed that Apple are selling a similar device that is a little quicker, much sexier, and a little more expensive (assumptions, I know, but Apple does have a history of doing all that).
That said, I know I'll probably shell out for one if they sell the iPad Pro with a glossy, white, plastic back ;)
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth